From:
Bernard Lischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 16:41:37 -0700
>> I have read that fruitarians are emaciated and that meat eaters like
>> uncivilized Inuit don't get fat, so eating lots of meat and lots of fruit
>> should yield similar results, don't you think?

If you are eating lots of fruit and your meat sources are fatty, or you eat
lots of other fatty foods like coconut oil or nuts (in other words,
combining lots of carbs with lots of fat), you could be setting your self up
for massive weight gain.  Fat/carb combined meals are thought to have been
rare in paleo times.  Although this is debatable, one thing's for certain:
when you eat carbs and fat together, you have the frightening combination of
an insulin response from the carbs that tells your body to store energy, and
readily storable fat in the bloodstreem.  Look at a big mac, fries and
coke.... probably something like 100g. fat, 100g. carb, 20g. prot.

good luck,

B. Lischer