From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 09:14:19 -0400
>Cold sores are usually on the corners of the lip, oozy, yellow crust.  Rather
>than being
>round, they are shaped more like an erosion.

Is it possible that this is angular cheilitis?

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Oral/Archive/Angular/Q4334.html
http://www.nutrition4health.org/NOHAnews/NNS95OralYeastInfections.htm
photos: http://www.hivdent.org/slides/angular_cheilitis_20.htm

From time to time I seem to get this although I have never been diagnosed
with it. For me an over-consumption of citrus fruit seems to prompt it...

The condition is not a diagnosis of HIV - I notice that many websites that
mention and describe the term also seem to be HIV related.

Marilyn