From:
John Wilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 02:15:07 -0400
Hi,
How do you get the most bang for your buck in getting your 03's? In the paleolithic era the game fed on grass, which provided the o3's for the humans. Supposedly at a later time humans started fishing, but I guess this isn't paleo.

Lately I've been trying to eat more wild fish, thinking this has more 03's in it than grain-fed beef. I know its contaminated with all sorts of bad things but I'm not going to worry myself over that. I understand though that grain-fed and finished beef doesn't have the best ratio of fats.

How then are we supposed to eat as close to paleo as possible? I don't have the money for grass-fed beef, so should I just eat fish? As far as fish-oils, obviously this isn't paleo, but is it okay to substitute this for the lack of the grass-fed beef in our diet?

Another aspect is how long 03's are good before they go rancid. There is no way I can kill a fish or a deer and eat it the same day. With grocery stores, it just takes awhile from the moment of death to your plate. Are all the nutrients still there?

-David