From:
Janice Hopper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:08:56 -0400
> From:    tsayonah
> >
> snip
>
> I know we have some skilled hunters on this
> list.  How about
> we hear from you?  Do you hunt at night and if
> not, why
> not?  Is it purely a legal question and if so,
> would you
> hunt then if the law allowed?

I'm not a skilled hunter (I'm just starting out), but I know in Georgia the
legal hunter hours begin 1/2 hour before sunrise and continue to 1/2 hour
after sunset.

People who hunt deer with lights at night ("jacklighting") are considered
poachers and fined when caught.  No idea if there are any folks hunting in the
dark at night.  I know racoon hunts with dogs typically and legally take place
at night, but I think most coon hunters take lights with them.

IF it were legal, I probably wouldn't mind going on some bright moonlit night
looking for deer, since deer are frequently active at night.  But I'd probably
step in a hole & break a leg or something.  I certainly wouldn't go out at
night where there were gun hunters though.  I'd rather not get shot.

Janice in GA
getting ready to bowhunt