From:
Stardust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:17:42 -0500
I have a friend (who is 72) and has type 2 diabetes, his doctor has him on pills to control his sugar.  Needless to say he wants to get off the pills, here's an experiment we've been working on for over a month now.
During the day his sugar is within the 5-6 range, however in the morning it's in the 8-9 range for some reason.
He has been taking some alfalfa (water soluble vitamins) and sodium bicarbonate with meals.  However, for the past month he has made a small change, instead of taking the sodium bicarbonate at supper time, he takes them just before going to bed.  In the morning his sugar is in the 5-6 range which is normal.
As for the apple cider, we have both tried it but our bodies couldn't take it and had to stop.

My 2 cents worth.

Maddalena

Gerard Farrell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I've tried the cinnamon and and my Bg's were up in the morning. This
confirms what Todd says about some other people. It is very disheartening on waking in the morning to find that having been *good* the previous day and avoiding all carbs to find elevated readings.
I've been tempted to try Todd's wine trick to see if it would help me but as I don't touch alcohol I have had to desist.

The vinegar: I remember reading, years ago, a book by, I think his name was Dr. Jarvis, about the benefits of drinking Apple Cider Vinegar.

Clelia
My web site
http://www.shaklee.ca/Member.jsp?bid=736180