From:
Jeff Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:27:14 -0700
> From: "Jeff Keller"
> > Similar, I assume, to the fact that normal cholesterol (under 199) we
find
> > out now is wrong (min. 180 to max of 240) is now the norm for more
> > enlightened Drs.
>
> Where did you find this ref range?
Theola

The reference range is in the book " The cholesterol myth"  They found that
cholesterol level below 170 increase risk of hemorrhagic stroke. This is a
fairly recent book with the latest research and is worth reading if you
obsess about cholesterol. My research for my own comfort leads me to
C-reactive protein, homocystine, iron etc...

My dad recently had a heart attack with "normal" cholesterol in all ranges.
Yet his cardiologist (more progressive young guy) thinks it was due to
Homocystine levels being at 49.5(ref range 6 - 15)  with all other cardiac
tests being normal.  Don't count yourself out  because of your mother.  My
homocystine is 0 on the paleo diet, when combined with all the other tests
that they know about my risk is virtually 0.  Like they say "you got believe
it to see it" .

Jeff