From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:34:31 -0800
Kim,

Please see me earlier response in which I qualify this
statement.  There is no conclusive scientific evidence
one way or the other.  But there are plenty of good
practical reasons to avoid it if you goal is fat loss:

1. While eating low carb does help cut fat, it is
simply not necessary to go into ketosis.  You can eat
a balanced, low carb diet and lose fat very quickly
without acheiving ketogenic states.

2. Ketogenic diets are usually unbalanced
nutritionally, and thus even though ketosis itself is
not necessarily unhealthy, a diet used to acheive it
may well be.

3. If you are exercising and dieting at the same
time(as you should be, if you want to cut fat) cutting
carbs to the levels required to acheive ketosis will
almost certainly reduce the intensity of your workouts
and make them much more difficult.

Hope that helps,
Lurisia

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html