From:
Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:09:44 -0400
As an addendum to another list member who mentioned her bickering with David
Letterman about eating a high protein diet. She is scarecrow thin and to me
does not have a healthy look about her at all. It seems to me that one of
the things we overlook on this list is how important fat is to the proper
functioning of our immune system. Two of my sisters eat low fat diets and
one is a lacto-ovo vegetarian. One has asthma and they both suffer from
various alleriges. Also, they both get several colds a year. One, also
suffers from anxiety. I have a friend about 50lbs overweight. She had lost
about 30 or so pounds on a low calorie SAD eating plan. I convinced her to
try eating in a more paleo manner and she tried it for a few months and felt
great and continued to lose a few more pounds. Fast forward a year later,
and she has gained all the weight back after going back to eating SAD. It is
sad when someone knows there is a healthier way to eat but just cannot
maintain the discipline to keep doing it.

Mark