From:
carter siobhan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:24:09 -0400
<<  My physician says that people who don't eat red meat
 live about 12 years longer.  He's been a vegetarian for over 20 years.  I
 realize this isn't a popular view of this group.  >>

<I think that this statement about longer life is fantasy, at best, and
fully
explained by the second sentence. It is not that the view isn't popular,
just
incorrect.>

I think there is some truth to this when we're talking about eating
mass-marketed meat, complete with its antibiotics and hormones, and
vegetables that are organic. A large percentage of long time vegetarians buy
organically.  Conversely, most people who will eat supermarket meat, will
also buy pesticide and GMO-laden veggies from the supermarket.

I know many will possibly disagree with this.  So be it.  Pass it through
your hearts...you'll know what's true for you.

Siobhan