From:
Ken O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:36:53 -0600
Arthritis responds well to Paleo; however, since arthritis is considered a
part of metabolic syndrome, doing diet alone is spinning wheels. Tufts
researchers established 20  years ago the metabolic syndrome hinges on loss
of fast twitch or strength muscle, the average 70 year old having lost
upwards of 30-35 pounds of muscle, and with it setting off a ripple effect
culminating with chronic degenerative conditions. Tufts' research also
established that both prevention and arresting/reversing conditions such as
metabolic syndrome rest on resistance or strength training.

Drilling down in the research, the very best solution is a program of high
intensity interval training due to its superior physiological benefits. I"ve
found arthritic knees to respond almost as if a miracle cure were offered by
doing resistance work in high reps, short rests, including static holds in
partial positions, resulting in rapid regaining of lost thigh and hip
muscles - essentially a shock absorber system relieving the knee of doing
work it isn't designed to do hence damages and inflames.

For more info, please refer to my conference video:
http://www.sebringclinic.com/videos/

You might say this is Primal Fitness, the training component of Paleo.
Standard ideas that short training sessions resemble Paleo life fail to
account for innervation resulting from womb-to-tomb play and other activity.
What's more, short infrequent workouts simply don't stimulate physiological
systems required to restore metabolic balance.