From:
Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 22:09:33 -0400
I'm pro both but then I don't have an insulin problem as I weigh 125lbs and
eat an average of 3000 calories a day without gaining weight. About 50% of
my calories are fat with the remainder evenly split between protein and
carbs. I average over 200 gms of protein a day. If measuring how different
foods affect blood sugar levels doesn't have value, then books that base
their philosophy on controlling insulin levels would seem to have little
value also.

Mark

On Fri, 11 May 2001 19:31:37 -0400, Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My copy of The Glucose Revolution shows rutabagas to have a glycemic index
>of 72 on the glucose = 100 scale while white potatoes can range from 63
when
>boiled to 85 when baked. Interesting that sweet potatoes have a glycemic
>index of 54 when boiled.

Maybe this so-called "glycemic index" is not worth considering
afterall. Maybe it's just carbs/kg or carbs/fiber or something else.

Anyway I am pro-rutabaga-turnip, anti-potato-yam :-)

Philip Thrift
http://www.paleofitness.com