From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:21:21 -0700
Elizabeth Hawxhurst wrote:

>I refused to let the modern doctors "treat" me.  All they actually told me
>(and I had to drag this out of them after multiple tests had been done) was
>that I had "mitral valve prolapse" and they offered to give me
>beta-blockers.  *shudder*  I politely said no-thank-you and went and did my
>own research.  If it was up to the docs, I wouldn't have known about the
>autonomic thing and I would be fearful that at 21 I had a serious heart
>condition (which the autonomic cross-wiring definitely is NOT).

"Mitral valve prolapse" is a non-condition.  I read a (print, sorry)
article
about how it was a benign condition and often occurred due to
dehydration.  This can include drinking too many teas and coffees which
are diuretic.

>Hear hear.  Our organic section is so small and sad looking, and it seems to
>be quite hard to get the nourishing food that we need, which is a real
>shame.  Millions (billions?) spent on agriculture, and to produce almost
>nothing of value!

You may be able to find a CSA (community supported agriculture) farm near
where you live; there are lots of them.  You pay once a season and pick up
fresh organic veggies weekly.  Here is a link to search for one:

http://wsare.usu.edu/csa/topframe.cfm

There are lots of small farmers out there, growing real food, selling it to
real people.

    Lynnet