From:
Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 00:39:28 -0500
From: "Phosphor"
> cows may have acquired sacred
> status since it is better to use them as sources of milk, then you get
food
> every day for several years. ie, the reason was to get more, not less,
> animal foods.

Very apropos, Andrew.  This particular contributing factor was mentioned in
one of the articles.  The first, I think, but I've slept since then. :-)

..........And to my far and away (no kms of puns intended) favorite
vegetarian, Amadeus, I will make time tomorrow to send a reply.  I am
overdue to join the "Lights Out" Club tonight and will sleep on it.  :-)

~~~zzzzzzzz,
Theola