From:
Gregg Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:20:10 -0400
Todd-- thanks for the website on Purslane.  I dig that stuff out of my
yard all the time but just considered it a nasty weed.  I knew about it
from The Omega Plan, but just didn't know what it looked like. I will
starting washing it off and putting it my salads.

Mary-- I am concerned about the low calcium content of the caveman diet.
I have read the bone meal supplements should be avoided because of the
heavy metals that collect in bovine bones.  However, I have been using
Solgar bone meal tabs, which assure the consumer on the label that the
bones have been sanitized and are free from heavy metals.  ?Qui sais?

If one avoids dairy, the places to find high levels of calcium are few.
The bones in sardines and canned salmon provide some, as do several
greens.  But trying to get 1200 mg or so per day is very difficult without
dairy.

Cheers!

Gregg C.