Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:13:30 -0700
<<This is one of the things that concerns me the most.
 I grew some of my own food this summer and I'm quite
sure that some/all of the seeds I bought were
genetically altered. >>
Organic Gardening magazine usually lists, at least
once in every issue, places that sell seeds that are
not altered/sprayed...  Not that any of use plant
corn, but when you see pink corn seed kernels, they
are coated with stuff to help them germinate etc.
Makes me wonder what else they do to the seeds you see
in stores.
As for the apples, there is nothing like picking
apples fresh off the trees (too bad they are covered
in pesticides).
Jane
For my money, fresh Michigan peaches are worth the
trip!

=====