From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:57:02 -0500
David Harrison wrote:

>I thrive on red meat and high purine foods.  My diet is mostly red meat,
>organ meat and a little fruits and vegetables. Some people do better with
>less meat. Everyone need to find what works for them as opposed to a
>theoretical ideal diet.

You know, I have really acquired a taste for duck, and I order it in
restaurants whenever I can.  It's not so easy to find in stores to cook
at home.  I don't know if it's a high purine meat, but it certainly has
a nice rich taste, somewhere between dark chicken meat and beef.
Deliciously fatty too.  There's a restaurant here in philly called
Monk's Cafe (http://monkscafe.com) that does a lovely duck salad, with
walnuts, and goat cheese.  And this, by the way, is a good example of
something delicious that I would have to forego (because of the goat
cheese and vinaigrette) if I were to follow a purist paleo path.  But
this is a *wonderful* salad, with nice fresh ingredients, and it's low
in carbs.  They toss in a few craisins, which can easily be avoided if
one chooses.

Todd Moody