From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:52:46 +0900
On Tuesday, Dec 14, 2004, at 03:27 Asia/Tokyo, Michael Raiti wrote:
>  Coconut oil and cod liver oil burns
> my stomach and esophagus.

I found that with olive oil. Never tried coconut or cod liver. Pork
drippings seemed fine though, and butter.

>   I can't handle nuts now in an appreciable
> amount.

I also could not eat nuts, or any 'gritty' food for that matter.

>  I find that I have a limit to how much meat I can eat (6 - 8
> ounces cooked per meal).  I eat a small amount of fruit (1 - 2
> pieces) - blueberries, if they don't bother my stomach, and pears.

Fruit was bad too, mostly.

> mostly just eat well cooked vegetables and meat (mostly baked
> chicken, duck, crockpot cooked beef or lamb roasts and some fish).  I
> make a lot of broths from bone that I use to cook vegetables in.

Try reducing the volume of your meals. That was a big problem I had,
eating too much, including liquids, at meals. The next problem was that
since I had to reduce food volume, I wasn't getting enough calories and
felt like I was starving all the time. I lost a lot of weight and began
eating junk food like candy bars just to get compact calories between
meals. Bad all the way around.

> This is a long standing problem and therefore, even if I remove the
> cause I expect that it will take a long time to get better, if it
> ever does.

It can get better! I was lucky, being able to pinpoint a cause and
eliminate it, but even then it is taking more than a year to really
feel $B!! (Bbetter, and I still have occasional bad days.

>  I think that there might be some damage due to physical
> factors:  straining while weight lifting, wearing a back brace

Tight clothes at the waist is very bad.

By the way, food is not the only factor that is important. I noticed
right away, and it is still true now, that whenever I had stress at
home, a spat with my wife or shouting at my kids, I always got a severe
bout just after. In my mind there is no question that anger and
emotional stress are among the biggest factors. Do whatever you can to
maintain a calm and peaceful life. Avoid anger.