From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 2005 11:58:52 -0800
On Sunday, Nov 6, 2005, at 10:09 US/Pacific, jeules wrote:

> ....Just curious if anyone else eats beefalo and has considered this.
> I also
> would like to know if others notice the amazing difference in taste
> compared
> to grass-fed beef.  This is the only beefalo I've tried, and I havn't
> had
> bison, so I cannot tell if it's something the farm is doing or just
> the way
> beefalo tastes.  The farm told me they do not smoke the meat when I
> asked.

Maybe this is just how healthy animals taste, plus a flavor from the
buffalo component. I can't imagine anything weird about it, but I've
never heard that these guys are sterile. Is this a one-generation deal,
or can they freely interbreed? I'd wonder how all these animals can
wander at will through 500 acres and not interbreed.

I'd eat it in a flash, without question. After all, it's just a step in
evolution, no? A 50/50 crossbreed might not be unthinkable in Paleo
times, and I don't know how different this would be than one determined
over many generations.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!