From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 12:30:19 -0400
On Tue, 22 May 2001, Richard Archer wrote:

> Maybe this doesn't explain Todd's situation. Perhaps the only way to find
> out would be for us to railroad Todd onto this diet and observe the results :)

This isn't the first time I've looked at that Texas Elimination
Diet.  Maybe I should try it.  On the other hand, I have tried
some extraordinarily restrictive eating plans.  All of them tend
to cause me to eat less, and then I lose fat for a while.  The
difficulty is eating less on a long-term basis.  Even when I
tried the all-meat experiment a few years ago, the results were
the same.  Initially I lost weight, but then it started to come
back as I found myself wanting to eat more and more.  And
eventually this diet became psychologically oppressive.  My
experience with the Steak Lover's Diet was similar.  Although my
body fat did not go below 15%, it stayed there as long as I
remained on the diet, and that's not bad.  But it's difficult to
stay on that diet, given the monotony of it, and once I
introduced other foods I found I was just eating more of
everything, and the weight came back.

Maybe the simplest explanation is the best.

Todd Moody