From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 07:33:18 -0500
Jim,

Many folks on a low carb list that I am on have experienced this as well -
losing inches when weight stays the same.  Eventually, they usually start
losing weight.

I started eating low carb 11/1/96.  I lost 72 pounds in about 18 months.  I
have maintained since then.  The past three years I have gone down a dress
size each year.  This year I did lose an additional 3.5 pounds, but that
would not account for the smaller clothing sizes in years gone by .........
I think I have been building muscle, so my weight is the same but my body
takes up less space.

Paula H.

Jim said:

I have only lost three pounds but the inches are coming off. It seems kind
of strange to me. Has anyone else went through this?