From:
Dan Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:16:15 -0500
> > As for whether hunter-gatherers eat one meal or many ... that
> > probably  depended more on availability than anything else. If there
> > was food to be  had, I'm sure he ate whenever he was hungry, which was
> > probably more than  once a day.  He may not have had a "sit down
> > meal", but a handful of nuts,  a piece of fruit, or similar would have
> > made for a quick snack.
>
> Indeed.  And if, on any given day, I find hunger distracting me, that's
> exactly what I do.

Agreed. I basically just do what my body tells me to do. That has
gotten a lot easier after about 7 months on a mostly paleo diet. If I
am hungry, I eat. If I am thirsty, I drink. I don't look at the clock
to determine if I am eating or drinking too soon after my last intake.
There are some days when I crave large amounts of fruit. Other days
when vegetables or meat are all I want. And still other days when I
have a little of this and a little of that. I don't have a schedule or
menu plan that I stick with. Some days I eat all day. Others I have an
apple and a handful of nuts.

All that said, I have never felt better. Weight is melting off. I have
more energy. My aches are disappearing. I no longer crave the rubbish.

I long ago came to the conclusion that my body really does know what
it needs much better than I or any scientist/doctor will ever be able
to guess.

Dan