From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 18:33:48 -0400
Dori Zook wrote:
> I have enough broccoli in my fridge right now to choke a horse, plus red
> peppers, baby carrots, asparagus, artichokes, yellow squash, onions and a
> giant container of salad greens in my fridge with pre-cut collards,
mustard
> greens and spinach in the freezer.  Low-carb, yes; anti-carb, no.
> And you CAN avoid carbohydrates, by the way.  It's been done.  See Todd's
> response for more (and better) details.  500 calories worth of carbs?  For
> more than 3 years, I've been eating a mere fraction of that amount per day
> and I'm doing just fine.

I am not personally tha thrilled with being in ketosis all the time. Are you
in ketosis, I would think you would be with a very low carb diet as you
describe.

I have found Todd's and others' suggestions helpful in that lately I have
been eating ultra low carb as I used to (breakfast and lunch mostly protein
with some carbs from aromatic veggies such as shallots and onion etc.) but
adding starchy paleo carbs at dinner (yams, turnips, etc.). I find this
suppresses cravings for carbs that otherwise resulted in my eating a bunch
of junk every other day.

I think the secret (for me) is eating a reasonable amount of paleo carbs. I
feel I am again losing weight this way after a one or two year hiatus (weigh
185, ideal weight 170 or so). With just the veggies you describe I don't
think I could do it....

--Richard