From:
Robert McGlohon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 22:38:23 -0600
I was under the impression that the increase in birthrate was an
"industrial" rather than "agricultural" change, i.e., that the birthrate
increased in the last 200 or 300 years, not 8000 to 10,000 years ago.  I
also have read that this change was primarily due to the move away from
long-term breast feeding, for the same reasons Hans cites.  Sorry, no
sources to back this up, just poorly remembered hearsay.

Robert