From:
Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 02:31:12 -0500
On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:19:59 -0500 Esben Gr=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=F8nborg?= Brun
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

> strange thing about lowcarb has been mild "crawings" for fat - not
feeling
> sated before eating 1 or 2 handful of nuts, or some fat cured ham ,
some
> fat sundried black olives - or even drinking a little olive oil.
> Probably it is simply my "fatburning" body needing more calories.

I don't think that's strange at all.  Not only do my natural "hunger"
mechanisms work wonderfully when I'm eating lowcarb, but it also
regulates the desire for fat quite amazingly.  I can sit down with a nice
fatty steak, and start eating and enjoying it with the fat, but at some
point, my "taste," for the fat disappears, and I continue to eat only the
lean part until my hunger is satisfied.  (just to clarify, I normally eat
a near-paleo, lowcarb diet...   I'm not yet prepared to give up coffee,
tea, artificial sweeteners, occasional bits of dairy, and a few other
nasty products of technology...  but I do BELIEVE that I'd be better off
if I did...  maybe I'll get there someday...)

> It is easier for men to simulate a paleo lifestyle:   hard and
> intense physical activity (fighting ?) , being  male paleo-lifestyle
> components.

Remember that Sheryl is concentrating more on lowcarb than on paleo
(which CAN be much higher in carbs for those who can tolerate it).  MOST
of the participants in the lowcarb groups I participate in are women.
General knowledge in those forums is that men do tend to lose faster and
more easily than women, and that women are more likely to need to add
exercise to their routines to start or maintain loss.  But women are also
represent some of the most astounding and inspiring success stories.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.