From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:22:09 -0600
My own theory about hormone studies is the problems that surface lie in the
*kind* of hormones prescribed.  CEE's and Medroxyprogest are not
bio-identical to endogenous female hormones, and no woman needs the equiline
(horse estrogen) present in Premarin.  My very mainstream GYN says medroxy
is a very crude product, and he thinks it's more of a culprit than the
Premarin in the WHI study. But fat chance that many or any studies will be
done on the nonpatentable bio-identicals since the drug companies can't have
a cash cow to milk.

The more I read about the myriad antioxidants, the less convinced I am that
it's good to supplement these in any larger than very small amounts.  If at
all.  Much ado has been given to RDA's being too low, but too much of a good
thing has the potential to be just as risky as not enough.  I take a few
supps but not as many and in nowhere near the amounts I used to take.

Theola