From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 07:29:04 -0500
Richard Archer wrote:

> I don't have Cordain's book, but that formula for calculating
> BMI is incorrect. You need to divide by your height twice.
>
> The BMI formula is:
>
> k = weight in kg
> m = height in metres
>
> BMI = k / m / m

Richard, thanks!  Guess I should get more sleep and do this
stuff in the morning when I have some dopamine, hmmm?

Now, that means I am less than 25#s overweight, no longer
"obese" and certainly not "morbidly obese" as I was once (at
375).  This is absolutely magnificent!!  I am 54 and this
means that some 53 years of diets and struggle and surgery
and illness and disappointment are almost over!  It is a
very odd feeling, with pleasure and awe and a good
sprinkling of disbelief for seasoning LOL.

Now for those last few pounds....!!!

--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,
   St Francis River Band of Cherokee