From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:38:47 +0900
On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 09:54  PM, Rundle wrote:

> Tom,
> have you read the book 'Why stomach acid is good for you"! by Dr.
> Wright? ...

No.
>   I think I have a link for him somewhere just can't look for it
> now....
> turns out that many people with acid reflux actually have LOW stomach
> acid -- high stomach acid prompts the sphincter to close tightly.

Sounds reasonable, but without a doubt acid producing foods cause
trouble for me. I really think it was the exhaustion caused by the
virus that caused this to start. Hopefully that means it will go away
now that the virus is gone... When I had the stomach camera the doctor
said there was nothing wrong. In fact he said that at my age the
unusual thing was how good everything looked! That paleo diet in effect
I suppose.

> what meds are you one?

Takepron 30 is the brand name, the active ingredient is Lansoprazole
30mg.

http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:wczviwRELSkJ:www.jpma.or.jp/jpr/
PDF/TAKEDA04.PDF+takepron&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Whatever it is it seems to work, and I have not noticed any of the
various nasty side effects listed in the web site.