From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2009 12:23:38 -0700
Hi Kristina,
Thanks for getting back to me about this. My mom was experiencing similar
edema and racing heart rate. She finally went to the doctor and he tested
her electrolytes and found that she was so low in potassium that it was
life-threatening. After I suggested a potassium deficiency to you, I
remembered that Mom had been taking some kind of diuretic to reduce the
puffiness.

What is your blood pressure like? What is your fasting blood glucose? I
realize that high glucose should give you a slower heart rate, which makes
me wonder if your blood glucose might be low and you are pushing a lot of
adrenaline into your bloodstream to compensate for the low BG. I'm not sure
how the salt issue would impact on that, but it's one more idea to consider.

Best Wishes,
Ron