From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 10:45:58 -0500
> From: "Todd Moody"
> >after 9:00 the carb cravings do kick in.  Yet I
> > never wake up with carb cravings in the morning (or with any
> > hunger at all, for that matter).  There's something odd about
> > going to bed with intense carb cravings, but waking up with no
> > desire for any food.

Seems a lot of us have this.  I am more likely to be a
morning person than a night owl, but if I do stay up for
whatever reason, I get the carb craves.  I used to have some
toast, cereal, maybe even a glass of milk.  My dad was that
way too - his favorite nite snack was saltines in a glass
filled with milk.  It seems to be worse if I have had a
higher than usual carb day :)  We all recognize that carbs
call for more carbs because of insulin.  If I eat at nite, I
wake with a higher blood sugar and wanting to eat.  If I
just ignore it and go to sleep, the morning blood sugar is
lower and I may or may not be hungry - I won't if I was a
good paleo eater the day before; I will be starving if
yesterday was higher than 100 grams of carbs.  Varying
amounts of fat and protein don't seem to make a difference.
Also, the bigger the morning meal (paleo or not), the more
hungry I get during the day.  I think this is my whacked-out
insulin response and am waiting to see if it changes down
the road with paleo.  Is this the same sort of pattern the
rest of you are talking about?

--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,
   St Francis River Band of Cherokee