From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 17:28:27 -0700
>Larelle

>I came to a paleo way of eating from a raw food diet because of problems
>with high carb diet - hypoglycemic tendencies etc.
>
>After following a paleo diet for several months with minimal fruit - nil to
>1 piece per day, yesterday I had a binge of dried bananas. (eaten last
>thing in the evening).  I had had a mild headache before that and somehow
>thought that if I ate something sweet it might help it go away -Throughout
>the night I had the headache and was extremely thirsty.  I drank
>approximately 10 big glasses of water.
>
>Could someone please explain this thirst phenomena to me - that always
>happens after eating sweet food (fruits)?

On top of what todd answered, dried bananas have lost 8 times in weight
their original water (i have a dried fruits business , and dry more
thoroughly than commercial ones, so it might be less ) depending on how much
you ate you might need  few glasses of water to rehydrate them to be
digested.
jean-claude