Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 22:36:45 -0400
Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

> Richard Keene wrote:
> >Ah, 'torture' ones self.  I love bacon and eggs,
> >so torture me some more!
>
> :-)
>
> Ah, Richard i can't resist the impression that you
> want such a kind of torture. ;-)
>
> Actually, if trying to be in ketosis i'd consider as the torture
> not the things you *do* eat,
> but the things you do avoid (for many days).
> Never felt like eating something containing any carbs?
> Not to think of ice-cream, bread or rice
> but: almonds? mangos? strawberries? cherries?
Actually, if all one wants is to stay in ketosis, one can
eat quite a few carbs - typically 50-100gm per day (depending
on the person) and still be in ketosis. Some people have to
restrict it further (say 30gm / day). At these levels one
can indeed have some almonds, strawberries, and a few other
things. If one is into high intensity exercise then this
number can go even higher. Most people who restrict carbs
below this level do so because they feel better on even
fewer carbs, not because it's needed to stay in ketosis.

Ilya