From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:11:54 -0800
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 19:19:50 +0000, Kathleen Foley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> I am 51 and I am not yet wearing bifocals - my eyesight seems to have
>> stabilized.
>
>This is interesting. I am 46, and am just starting to lose my ability to read fine print
>(I have not gone 100% paleolithic but plan to after the holidays).
>I have read about the modern diet contributing to nearsightedness.
>Perhaps it could contribute to the loss of reading vision as well?>
> I wonder if a paleolithic diet could reverse these conditions.
>Has anyone had their eyesight improve?

Loss of reading vision is farsightedness, which is caused by a hardening of the
lens as one ages.

I've had many health benefits from doing low carb and paleo, similar to what
Paula described.

However, I never required reading glasses until I started low-carb, and I found
that the more strictly I followed low-carb and paleo, the less likely I was to
be able to read without glasses.  It could have been a coincidence, but it
appeared to me to be connected.

--
Cheers,

Ken