From:
Frances Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:34:01 +0100
>From:    Eric <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Containers/Fran

>Very bold statement.  Can you qualify that with some research.
>For one I know that they contain large amounts of goitrogens(which is
bad)that are at least partially deactivated by cooking.

>Thanks
>
>Eric

Very interesting. I didn't know that brocolli contained goitrogens. I knew of
its great antioxidant and anticancer virtues which are highly reduced by
cooking. I suppose if one has no issue with iodene and thyroid then it would
be an OK food. But it seems to me that all foods including paleo foods such as
spinach, almonds etc whilst having health benefits also have other properties
which are not good in other areas. I guess this means that most food should
only be eaten in moderation or the health benefits in overindulgence might be
outweighed.

Fran

   Scotland's Free Internet Service Provider