From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 02:33:50 -0800
> In it he says, that if you do eat eggs, limit them to one a
> day or 6 a week, because of the high cholesterol content. In order to
> get a
> similar value of omega 3 in your egg as in paleolithic times, buy the
> eggs
> from chickens that have been fed omega 3 enriched food. Or as in my
> case
> get them from free roaming chickens on a ranch, where they eat what
> they can
> find, mostly insects and worms.

Yeah, we know what he says.... But few of us believe it. There is
plenty of research out there that shows there is no appreciable link
between saturated fat and cholesterol intake, and arterial deposits of
such. There also is no conclusive evidence that cholesterol is linked
causally to heart problems. I don't save links much, so others may
provide them. But I live on fat, and eat eggs every day.

ginny

Yep, me, too, Ginny-girl.  You said what I was going to say!  And I don't want my food "enriched" with something...I'd rather have it come the way it was made naturally.  I personally don't eat Paleo, but thanks to you, as you know, I have been made aware of a lot of things on this list.  I have always tried to eat naturally, but since joining this list and becoming aware of many different facts, I have no longer worried about my animal fat intake, etc., and have gained nary a pound, and I still don't get sick.  And I think it's BS to limit your egg intake, I agree with you on that one, as well!   And as far as the cholesterol "scare", again, I agree.  I was just speaking to a friend of mine, an RN (no longer practicing because of her new beliefs), who had a heart attack last year at 41 years of age, and she was telling me there were three main factors in hardening of the arteries, one being pasteurized dairy.  I can't recall the other two right now, it's late and I'm tired, but they
 sure weren't what the mainstream media/pharm co's want us to believe.

  Love,
  Bren