From:
Aileen Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:38:32 -0500
yes I used to read those all the time.  That is their diet mantra - *whole
grains, soy, lowfat*.  Even with the studies coming out lately about the
negative effects of soy and the estrogen issue, you don't hardly see any of
that in those mags.  I think you'll have to drag them away screaming from
their beloved soy.

A couple years ago they actually had an article in one of those (I don't
remember which one) about a nutritionist?and/or doctor? who suggested our
paleo forbears ate mostly grains, veggies, fruits and nuts, and SOME lean
meat and that they had a hard life gathering most of the day, hiking,
climbing, walking endlessly just to gather all their grains and veggies.  So
they ate several meals throughout the day (she recommended six small meals),
with this huge variety of veggies and fruit and salads.  Didn't make sense
to me.

Aileen