From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 12:56:45 -0700
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000 10:54:53 -0700 Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Hello,
>I thought I would point out that signature files are prohibited in
> this mailing list.  And this is true whether it is after or before your
name. :-)
> I'm just pointing this out - it is not my decision.  The list Usage
> Guidelines state:
>  * SIGNATURE FILES
> - the use of sig. files and quote lines are not allowed
> Specifically, I'm referring to:
> Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover, You May Be Missing Out On A Great
> >Story.....
> and
> >All stunts performed without a net!
> among others...
> Cheers,
> Ken

Ken,
To be honest, I never noticed that part of the rules or regulations of
posting here.  This is also the first complaint I have ever seen on
here
regarding sig quotes, and I have been a member for almost 2 years.
However, if it offends you, then I have no problem removing them prior
my posting.  I can't promise to catch them all, that only happens in a
perfect world. =o]  It is sort of like how it says recipes are not
allowed, yet I see them pass threw from time to time.  It all depends
on
how important it is to someone to follow the rules.  Stating that
leaving
a website as a sig is different, well, it's the same thing to me. It
comes after your signature, there for it is a sig file or quote. It
doesn't bother or offend me and some sig files or quotes are rather
cute
or inspiring. And Phil's website sig,  well who doesn't want to look
at
him LOL  As to the comment of your *Cheers* being a sig file, no, its
just a polite pleasantry.  Something this world needs more of.

Have a Blessed day!
Trish