From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:55:07 -0400
At 10:30 AM 8/12/02 -0500, Matt Baker wrote:
>*Somewhere* around the house (where I am not right now) I have a content
>analysis of Aberfoyle Springs water, the brand I buy at Wal-Mart.

I just bought a small case of Aberfoyle from Home Depot at a very good price
($2.98) but I find them unbelievably hard to open. Maybe that's why they are
so cheap. :-)

>heavy on the cal and deficient in the mag.  As I recall, it's not heavy in
>sodium, but I'll re-check.

My bottle says "sodium-free" but goes on to state;

Sodium 2.8 mg/250 mL
Potassium o.3 mg/250 mL

It says it is Natural Spring Water with a natural mineral content of 280
ppm/ flouride ions 0.2 ppm

It's greatest concentration is HCO3 at 210 ppm.

Other info on Aberfoyle;

Approved in West Virginia; http://www.wvdhhr.org/phs/bottledwater/records3.asp
Perrier is (or will be) buying the company and Aberfoyle is apparently the
fifth largest portable bottled water manufacturer in North America. (I have
never heard of it until a week ago).

Marilyn