From:
Lisa & Mike Biskup <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 10:14:57 -0800
Hi all,

My husband and I are new to this list and have been reading the posts
for a couple of days now.  We have been vegetarians for over 9 years and
just recently had a son, in January.  He is being exclusively breastfed
and is in terrific health, and unvaccinated so far.

After reading Weston Price's book and talking to Stanley Bass, a guy
from NY who has done extensive diet testing on mice, who has recently
turned to a raw Hunter-Gatherer diet and feels it is superior to 100%
vegetarian diet, we have started to wonder whether or not it would be
wise to include animal products in our diet for generational nutrition.

Of course, this is a difficult decision based on the fact that we have
been so happy on our veggie path and feel quite healthy - not to mention
that you can get such a wide variety of nutrition advice and it all
seems so conflicting.  I just want to know what I should eat and feed my
kid to be really healthy and live for a long time in good health.

I definitely agree that the modern diet of highly refined and processed
foods is terrible.  At the moment we do not want to include any meat,
especially factory farm beef, pork, etc.  We are considering seafood and
we do eat eggs.

I hope to find out more about people's experience with this paleo-diet
and if anybody wants to e-mail us their personal experiences privately
that would be much appreciated: [log in to unmask]

A few questions????

What percentage of animal products do most paleodiet people eat?
Don't you guys have a problem with factory farm beef, etc??
Do you guys cook your animal products or eat them raw?
Do you need to flash freeze fresh sea fish?
Are you worried about parasites, salmonilla, etc.?

Thanks!

Lisa
Mike
Eli