From:
"B. Stone" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 14:06:16 -0700
Hello All.

    I've been lurking on this list, and been eating paleo, for a little
over a month.  I decided to attempt a paleo diet primarily for
weight loss but have found it helping in other areas of my life such as
chronic acid reflux and diarrhea.  As well, after talking to
Ray directly, I am hoping to find it beneficial for another disorder I
have which I choose not to share at this time.
    As I have found a lot of good information on the list, I was
becoming disheartened by some of the posts.  I don't do well with
conflict (I realize that is my problem) so, when some of the responses
to people became quite intense, I was considering leaving
the list.  That is, until I went back and read the initial email message
sent to me after joining.  It helped me to realize that those
reactions that seemed out of line, might have been justified to some
extent.  I hope I'm not out of line by including portions of that
information in this post.  Hopefully it helps those of you who have lost
focus to regain it and those who wish to leave to do so.

     GUIDELINES PALEOFOOD

     * PALEOFOOD is a support list for persons following a
     paleolithic style diet such as described by Ray Audette
     in NEANDERTHIN "A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition" and all
     other similar approaches in the spirit of the Hunter-Gatherer.

     * The purpose of the list will be to share experiences, offer each
     other support, chat about our daily challenges in the spirit of
     sharing knowledge on dietary and health issues.

     * CONTENT of messages posted to the list:
     - are to be supportive and informative, not confrontational
     - no "off topic" posting
     - do not post to topics which have a '!STOPPER
     - use private email for messages not relevant to all subscribers
     - no foul language
     - no cross posting the same message to two or more lists

     * If you are new to the list it is always a good idea to
     make one of your first posts to the list an introduction,
     not required, but everyone is always interested in the
     person behind the email address.

     * If you decide to remain subscribed to this mailing list, your
     doing so indicates agreement by you to all the provisions, policies

     and guidelines outlined in this Welcome message.  PLEASE
unsubscribe
     from the PALEOFOOD list immediately if you are not in agreement.

     * TO LEAVE THE LIST
     with the following in the body of the message:
             SIGNOFF PALEOFOOD

Thank you and I hope I have not insulted nor offended anyone by this
post.  I am a bit of a recluse so forgive me if I don't post
very often.

Back to lurking...  Bradley Stone