From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:45:00 -0400
billmonty wrote:

>Todd Moody wrote:
>

>>So, my weight seems well controlled.  Here's a recent >photo:
>>

>Delurking to say:   Todd, you look absolutely great!!   I've always enjoyed
>reading your posts over the years and would like to tell you that this
>particular recent one has very special meaning to me.

Thanks to you and others for the kinds words, both public and private.
I want to make it clear that I am not trying to undermine anyone's paleo
diet program by describing my current heretical approach.  I realize
very well that what I am doing simply won't work for some.  Some, for
example, experience physical distress if they consume "forbidden fruits"
in any amount; but I never did.  Some find that they restimulate
cravings and lapse into binge mode if they stray from the straight and
narrow; but I never did.  At least, not as a general thing.  There are
certainly some junk foods that I still have to treat like kryptonite,
but the main thing is that I have ceased dividing the domain of food
into the exclusive categories of permitted and forbidden, and trying
instead to maximize my enjoyment of food and minimize the stress of
being on a diet (call it what you will).  This works for me because, in
my case at least, stress is part of what makes me gain weight.  It makes
no sense for me to adopt a deprivation-dominated strategy that actually
increases the stress of living.

Todd Moody