From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:36:17 -0500
From: "Bruce Kleisner"

> > Bruce:
> > > Which low-carb or paleo books say to limit nuts?
> >
> > Theola Baker:
> > 1)PaleoDiet by Cordain.  Can't give you the page number because
> > I've lent it to a son's girlfriend who has PCOS.
> > 2)Protein Power Lifeplan, p. 321.
> > 3)Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution (2002), p. 180-181.

Bruce again:
> Atkins says not to eat nuts during the first two weeks
> (Induction phase) only. After that, he suggests adding
> them gradually, while continuing to lose weight. True,
> he points out that people tend to overeat nuts and he
> suggests moderation.

I'm a little confused.  Are you quibbling over "limit" vs. "moderation" as
synonyms?  Both mean (to eat with) "restraint."  Moreover, my use of the
word "limit" is not synonymous with "eliminate" in case you were reading it
that way.  It IS very possible to gain weight or not lose weight when eating
nuts without mindfulness to their calorie content.  They're extremely easy
to gorge on.

Theola