From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:56:48 -0800
--- Greg Davis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am just wondering if
> others would buy the omegas over the 'normal'
> (assuming grain-fed)
> eggs.

I'll take flax over corn and soy any day. I can get a
dozen grain fed organic eggs for 99 cents a dozen, but
I pay over four dollars for my omega balanced eggs.
Aside from the n3 to n6 ratio, the flax eggs yolks are
a deeper orange, (compared to pale yellow) the outer
shells are thick and hard, and the eggs just seem to
be of higher quality.  Chickens seem to do just fine
converting alpha-linolenic acid into EPA and DHA, and
I'd rather eat eggs for the n3's than swallow fish oil
or eat flax seeds. I say, if you can't get real eggs
go for the flax...Mark

http://mail.yahoo.com