From:
Bill Dooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 20:48:10 -0700
I'm no expert, but it seems reasonable to imagine that some paleolithic
Edison figured out how to pound oil from various plant products between
a couple of rocks. Ultimate efficiency would not have been a concern.
Still, the quantities produced would necessarily have been limited.

Our ancestors lacked knowledge, but they weren't stupid. I think we can
assume they did just about everything that was in their physical and
technological capacity. Chimps use twigs to harvest termites, after all.

Bracing for incoming fire ...

Bill Dooley