From:
William Schnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:57:01 -0500
I expect their findings would apply to domestic livestock, and not
necessarily usable for wild animals.
Only personal knowledge on this subject is that sickly (flea-ridden) city
pets (both dogs and cats) when moved to a country environment lost their
parasites and looked to be in good health. The cats ate mice and chipmunks -
saw that, don't know what the dogs ate. In the house they were fed the same
diet.
 Would be interested in the relative burden of parasites between domestic and
wild animals.

William

On November 19, 2002 02:28 am, you wrote:
>snip
> If you live near a vet school, go visit and ask questions.  Campuses are
> receptive to visitors.  Or at least go to the campus bookstore, find the
> great big parasitology textbook, sit down, and take a long read.
snip