From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:38:13 -0400
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Phosphor wrote:

> Great work Todd.  You've nailed one of the crucial issues in diets.  we are
> not just products of nature [paleo nature], but also culture.  man took to
> fermented foods because they *worked*.  You will find it even better to
> home-brew the beer and start drinking after 3-4 days without putting it into
> bottles.  The yeast metabolites I believe  are usefully used by the body.
> saves work for the liver.

Ahhh, I am a veteran home brewer, Andrew, but I enjoyed my
product all too well, and it was just too handy.  I completely
agree, however, with your comments about the yeast.  Bottle
conditioned brew leaves a sediment in the bottle and some amount
of suspended yeast, no matter how carefully poured.  I found that
I never felt any ill effects from drinking even liberal amounts
of home brew (other than weight gain), and I think that this is
part of the reason why.

> Try cider which was more used in northern europe until tudor times than
> beer.

Agreed.  I do occasionally enjoy a nice hard cider.

An unrelated point... Some months ago you posted some comments
about copper deficiency, heart disease, and other health
problems.  This piqued my curiosity and I did a bit of reading
and decided to try to increase my copper intake.  I don't enjoy
liver, but I resumed eating dessicated calves liver, since liver
is one source.  Molluscs are another source.  I eat them
occasionally, but not regularly, so I decided to supplement.  An
interesting effect was that the few stubborn psoriasis lesions
that I had disappeared within in month.  Not a controlled study,
by any means, but interesting and at least consistent with some
of what I had been reading.

So thanks for that bit of information.

Todd Moody

Todd Moody