From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:46:37 -0500
>It just isn't conducive to optimal health.
>
>Dave

Not everyone functions best on day shift.  My life has been much more
enjoyable and healthful since working midnite to 8am.  I work at night,
sleep during the day, and have the entire evening and late evening for
recreation.  My health has not suffered.  I have not gained weight.  I
function much better working nights because it fills me with a peacefulness
of sorts.  I step outside on my breaks, sit on a bench, and stare into the
sky.  The fresh, cool air; the empty roads (which are usually packed during
the day); the feeling of not being crowded; etc -- gives me peace of mind.
I believe that most people function best working day shifts, but for some
people (and I'm one of them) midnite shift is a better choice.

My .02,
justin