From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 06:38:40 +0000
>Hi,
>How then are we supposed to eat as close to paleo as possible? I don't
>have the money for grass-fed beef, so should I just eat fish? As far as
>fish-oils, obviously this isn't paleo, but is it okay to substitute this
>for the lack of the grass-fed beef in our diet?
>-David

Well, you said it yourself, David: as close as possible. That means not
taking out a loan to buy grass-fed beef, as well as possibly using fish oil
supplements. I do, and I feel they are way too valuable, in solving my
particular set of challenges, to pass up. Besides, I think that some of the
manufacturers offer a purer product than some of that "wild" fish we are
supposed to eat.

Another related question is certainly how Paleo we ourselves are, with our
genetic makeup. Not that civilization has changed our genes appreciably,
but that it has allowed so many poorer specimens of humanity to live and
reproduce, well, us. There is a possibility pure Paleo wouldn't be enough
to return us to health in some cases, requiring thoughtful supplementation.
We are using our modern resources and brains to learn how to eat Paleo in
our society, and it's gonna require some non-Paleo kluges.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!