From:
Jeffrey J Schaefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 13:30:15 -0500
>I eat at least 15% of my meals on airplanes.

you can request a special vegetarian meal when booking your flight.  not
sure what other special meal requests can be made.  I eat out frequently;
most places will offer some type of meat or chicken.  if they dont then i
eat somewhere else.  you can also request a plain hamburger patty or have
them make a hamburger steak with steamed veggies on the side if you dont
see what you want on the menu.  dont be afraid to ask.  most places can do
what ever you want.  sardines canned in water are a great in a pinch and
don't take up too much space in a suitcase or carry-on.  walnuts (baking
isle) make a great snack.

if you are looking for an excuse sim
ply say you are wheat and dairy
intolerant and have to be careful when looking for a place to eat.

yes it is difficult; we all know.  i was the only one not eating pizza at my
daughters birthday party last week.  she simply tells her friends i am a
vegetarian; doesnt bother me.  Going to a BBQ at the bosses place next week;
i am not afraid to ask him to spare the sauce  (but will take more grilled
onions) when my burger comes off the grill.

hang in there, you will do just fine.

JeffS