From:
wayne hammons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:27:56 -0700

> > Why limit lean protein intake?  Do you mean as a
> > percentage of calories
> > or an absolute value?
> >
>It's been a discussion on here several times. You
>might find some interesting posts if you search for
>'Rosedale' in the archives. I just talked to my doc
>about this last Wednesday and he says it's BS.

I have found that doctors are often not well educated on nutrition.
Kristine's Dr. might be enlightened, however.  I don't object to people who
want to follow Rosedale's diet limiting their protein intake and still
calling themselves Paleo.  I am sure that if I found fault with them then I
would open myself up for criticism for drinking raw milk (way not paleo).

However, I cannot believe that Paleolithic beings limited their protein
consumption to an arbitrary amount. I have found that my diet consists of a
lot of protein because I am focusing on getting adequate amounts of fat.
When I check labels I find a pattern.  Meat, eggs, and dairy have near equal
parts fat to protein by weight.  I eat pure fat in the form of cod liver and
fish oils, vitamin E, and Evening Primrose but that is only 15 grams or so.
I also am eating significant amounts of pecans and walnuts this time of year
because they are in season. I can not imagine what a diet that restricted
protein to four small portions would look like....I would probably have to
eat fried beef fat solids or increase carb consumption. Doesn't that sound
tasty!

Is macro nutrition restriction the point of Paleo eating?

Wayne H