From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 14:01:10 +0200
One may think about D'Adamos books what he or she wants
- i myself find it ridicolous to call exactely Blood-Type 0

hunter/gatherers - BUT i consinder it a valuable effort and

information to research about blood type reactions and lectins.

Now, researching a little about the lectin topic, i came over the
following citation about *phytates*:

>   2.Humans secrete phytase (and occasionally consume it), which is

an enzyme responsible for the breakdown of phytic acid. Some
>     animals, namely rats, have close to none of this enzyme. This

means that in humans it won't bind the minerals no where near as
>    much as rats. Phytates are converted to inositol, and phosphate

in the human body which has other beneficial effects.
>... 4.Phytic acid protects against the two biggest cancer killers in

men and women, namely breast, and prostatic cancer.

Has anybody further information about
- the human phytin/phytase reaction?
- which food items contains phytase?
Thanks

Once more, here i find information about some health beneficial
properties of some critisised food ingredients.
(Like the lectins, which can agglutinate selectively cancer cells).

Maybe *that's* the reason why the body will let a small percentage
of the ingested lectins into the blood stream.
This can't be per accident, IMHO.
At least i think it's undisputable, that the human body evolved while
eating a diet whith a (big or dominating) plant part, for most of
the last 2 mio years (and before that of even more too).
And many plants contain lectins. Maybe we are adapted to *get* some
lectins in out diet. Whatever food item they actually came from.

regards

Amadeus

---
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net